Monday, April 18, 2011

Guacamole

The BEST Guacamole EVER
In my opinion, the best guacamole is FRESH guacamole with as many ingredients from the garden as possible. When I went to the restaurant "Barbacoa" in Boise, I watched VERY closely so I could re-create it at home. Almost all the ingredients were FRESH and I noticed they added a few shakes of green Tabasco sauce.. that was it. :)3 avocadosRed onion, chopped (about 1/4 c.)2 cloves garlic, minced1/2 bunch cilantro leaves, chopped1 jalapeno, finely chopped (or to taste)1 large ripe garden tomato (or 2 smaller tomatoes), dicedjuice of 1 lime4-5 shakes green Tabasco sauceKosher salt, to tasteFresh cracked pepper, to tastePit avocados and mash in a bowl. If you like your guac kind of chunky (that's how we like it), coarsely chop with the side of a fork instead of using the fork to mash it straight down. Carefully stir in remaining ingredients until well mixed. That's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment