Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bruschetta

Ingredients:
(Be Healthy/ Be Happy Blogspot)
1 baguette (10 slices per serving)
1 tomato
1 clove garlic
5 fresh basil leaves chopped
1/4 C toasted pine nuts
sea salt to taste
pepper to taste
fresh grated parmesan cheese to taste
1/4 C balsamic vinegar
1/4 C extra virgin olive oil To make:Dice tomatoes, chop garlic and basil and place in bowl. Add other ingredients and combine. I always sprinkle the sea salt and add the vinegar before I add anything else because I like the tomatoes to marinate for a minute in that combination, but that is totally not necessary. Slice your baguette into 1/3 inch slices and drizzle olive oil over their tops. Toast your bread until it's golden in color. I broil mine in the oven for just a minute or two. Top your bread with the delectable tomato combination and enjoy! I hope you love it as much as we do.

(*We made this bruschetta (for Sunday dinner). Quick, easy, & oh so delicious. I tripled everything except the olive oil & balsamic vinegar (I still only used 1/4 cup). You must use sea salt & cracked pepper. I also sprinkled parmesan cheese over the french bread before I broiled it. )

1 comment: